Re: [xml-dev] XSD Schema type derived by restriction problem

At 2009-11-20 13:10 -0500, Christopher Loschen wrote:
>I'm working with a schema that defines a type by restricting the simple
>dateTime type. Our mapping rules (based on the JAX-RPC spec) map this to the
>class of the parent type (in this case, java.util.Calendar) rather than
>creating a new class to represent the derived type. Consequently, when we
>generate an XML message we specify that this element is of
>xsi:type="xs:dateTime" (that is, the parent type).
>
>However, when we do that, the schema validator flags the XML as invalid: it
>cites an invalid QName at the xsi:type="xs:dateTime" attribute.

Have you declared xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; in your
XML document?

The error message indicates that you have not, as a QName is only
valid if the prefix used has a namespace binding in scope.

I hope this helps.

--
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/i/
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/