Re: [xml-dev] XML to "HTML"

> Although they could not actually point to an actual current case where
> using XTHML syntax breaks things,

it does break things, spectacularly badly in some cases.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2009Oct/0080.html

for an analysis of why using xml syntax served as text/xml so badly
mangled

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2009Oct/0080.html

Any XDM serialser should work, it may be directly accessible from an api
but if nt, just this xslt stylesheet

<xsl:styleseet vesion=...>
 <xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:styleshet>

assuming the elements are in no namespace, or add a simple template
matching * to take things out of a namespace if they are in the xhtml
namespace.

>They also requested that if I use a tag that takes bodies but the body
>is empty to not write it as <tag/>
>Example
>    <P/>  should be written as <P></P>  ....  although I think I can
>waffle on this one.

That's the one that is perhaps most important to fix, if you use
/> syntax with things served as text/html then things will go wrong.

David