Re: XML Zebra, a path-based tool for generating diff fingerprints forXML Schemas

What next?  Sorry, I haven't posted much documentation yet because that's
what the XML Prague presentation is, and I don't want to post that until
after the conference.

However, the "fingerprint" files are for detecting changes.  So, generate
a fingerprint from some Schemas, make a change, and generate a new
fingerprint.  Then diff the fingerprints and you will see how it pinpoints
the changes.  In particular, change a type that is used in many places,
and see how the fingerprint changes in all of the places that the type is
used.

I've included a stylesheet and an XQuery for converting the XML
fingerprint file into a text file of paths.  That can be easier to use if
you have text diff tools available rather than XML diff tools.

The fingerprint files can get large, if you have a large set of Schemas,
but that's just a reflection of the real complexity of the documents that
the Schemas allow.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Tony.

PS thanks, I'll make a note on the site that you need Java 1.6.

--
Anthony B. Coates
Director and CTO