Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML Zebra, a path-based tool for generating diff fingerprints for XML Schemas

At 2010-01-17 20:19 +0000, Anthony B. Coates \(XML-Dev\) wrote:
>The fingerprint files can get large, if you have a large set of Schemas,
>but that's just a reflection of the real complexity of the documents that
>the Schemas allow.

Indeed.  For the UBL 2.0 Order there are 880,000 possible elements
and attributes without duplicating any XPath address from the
document node to the reported item.

Accordingly, I wrote stylesheets to create XPath files from arbitrary
instances:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#xpathins

... as the XPath reports useful for writing stylesheet and citing
content are more manageable when limited to only an instance.  But
they are also more fragile compared to, say, the UBL schemas which
have not changed in over three years.

--
UBL and Code List training:      Copenhagen, Denmark 2010-02-08/10
XSLT/XQuery/XPath training after http://XMLPrague.cz 2010-03-15/19