RE: [xml-dev] Re: XML Zebra, a path-based tool for generating diff fingerprints for XML Schemas

Hi Tony, What you propose (keeping instead of pruning) makes sense.

I conclude the fingerprint file can be created for a single schema version also, without the need for 'diffing' it against a newer minor  version?

As far as I remember, Ken Holman's stylesheets are for UBL purposes, requiring all valid UBL XPaths which are included in Ken's solution.

I however was thinking of a more generic solution suitable for non-UBL contexts, like our approach at the New Zealand Ministry of Education, where at present we don't have all valid XPaths for our custom, UBL-NDR-LIKE schemas.

Is my understanding correct?

Cheers
Juerg