Re: [xml-dev] A new approach for SAX-Java Binding

Hi Michael,

Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> writes:

> > This idea might be new to Java..
>
> I can't see anything new about it. I can't see what it offers that all
> the other Java-XML data binding frameworks don't.

Most data binding tools convert XML data to an in-memory object model.
In other words, they are like statically-typed and named DOM. However,
this is not always desirable (streaming) or possible (large documents).
In such situations the "statically-typed and named SAX" approach is a
good  alternative. The problem with Santhosh's project is that it still
revolves around the idea of building an in-memory representation.

> and once you're there, it's a very small step to XSLT...

Oh please, not this discussion again ;-).

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis        http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog
Open-source XML data binding for C++   http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd