Re: [xml-dev] Draft of W3C Note available for review: Associating Schemas with XML documents 1.0

On Feb 17, 2010, at 6:02 AM, Michael Kay wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that only a person who has been thoroughly
>> steeped in the XML community and its vagaries would interpret
>> the word "schema" in such a constrictive way.
>
> I think it's the other way around: those who are thoroughly steeped in the
> technology know there is more than one XML schema language, those who aren't
> are likely to assume that "xml-schema" and "XML Schema" refer to the same
> thing.

I think the prominence of RNG and Schematron examples in the specification mitigates this. Those whose assumptions are driven merely by the syntax of one PI are not even, in my estimation, going to be able to understand W3C XML Schema enough to use it.

-- Edd