Re: [xml-dev] element markup in attributes

> I wonder if just letting iframe have child content would make more sense, but I suspect that raises more compatibility problems
> with older browsers.

Why not go with this more sensible option unless someone has a valid argument against it?

FWIW: IE6, IE8, FF3.6, Chrome 4.0 and Opera 10.10 all show the same behavior:
They hide the content of the <iframe> element and only show content for a document referenced with @src.
The same behavior you would expect when using @srcdoc.
I would expect the same behavior in older browsers as well, but I haven't confirmed.

Laurens van den Oever
Xopus BV

http://xopus.com
+31 70 4452345