RE: [xml-dev] RE: Declarative programming requires a differentmindset

Hi David,

> I'd definitely buy a book (RARE for me ..) that maps
> imperative design patterns to declarative patterns.

Is there such a book? Any recommendations?

> What is the intended use case for XQuery with Updates.
> My impression is that the intended use case is to modify an existing XML
> document 'in place'.

That is my understanding also. However, all updates occur at the end. Thus, I find it helpful to think in terms of "old document" and "new document." For example, "the value of the id attribute is the value of the <Name> element in the old document."

/Roger