Re: [xml-dev] To namespace or not to Namespace ....

I would argue that widely distributed specifications like the XML-Schema
Language, xslt,xproc  etc are not "typical" examples of XML.
They are one extreme case of XML designed for maximum publication and
maximum reuse.
Thus I would not infer that because XSD uses namespaces that its "the
best use for most things".
It might be but I don't see that as a sound argument supporting that
supposition.

Still loving this discussion, particularly given that I'm "fairly
informed" on the topic, (not an 'expert' but definitely 'knowledgeable')
and others of similar experience dont agree on the rationale or the how
to make the decision.   I havent yet read any *compelling* advise that
cant be counter-argued equally well.   Given that I havent given exact
details of what the dataset is, I'm referring more to "how does one
decide when to use namespaces and when not to" ... not "should my
particular case use them".  Thats a more useful discussion, IMHO.

Back to Balisage 2009
in the "Best Practices" talk (one of the best !)

"Always use Namespaces"
"Never use Namespaces"

Fascinating.

David A. Lee