Re: [xml-dev] To namespace or not to Namespace ....

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 09:42 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 09/04/2010 01:07, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > You can't write, for example, /html/head/meta[@name eq 'link'] but,
> > instead, /h:html/h:head/h:meta[@name eq 'link'],
>

> well actually you can since you've used eq you are presumably using
> xpath2 so you can set the default element namespace to be xhtml

You can in XSLT 2, but not in pure XPath, as it's done in the "host
language", and not all host languages provide such mechanisms or
make it easy to use them if they do.

I admit I tend to write "eq" and then go back and fix it if
XPath 1/XSLT 1 implementations complain :)

Liam