Re: [xml-dev] To namespace or not to Namespace ....

Max Toro schrieb am 09.04.2010 um 16:19:00 (-0400)
[Re: [xml-dev] To namespace or not to Namespace ....]:

> > It all goes back to the fact that the namespace facility as designed
> > back in 1999 was a really bad piece of design work.

> I've heard that namespaces is a bad design several times, but I cannot
> understand why it's a bad design, simply because I don't know what a
> good design is. Namespaces is all I know, I have no reason to believe
> it's a bad design unless someone point me to a good design, are there
> any?

I'm championing statically determinable namespaces that could be
declared using a super-easy DTD syntax. I think it's a good design!
But sadly, no one has ever commented. :-( I wonder whether this is
because they think it's a bad idea?

http://www.devcomments.com/To-namespace-or-not-to-Namespace-at131339.htm

Some people think the DTD per se is a bad idea, but I don't :-)

Here's how I grokked - after having become aware of various usability
problems, which most of the time aren't problems for us power users -
what's another real problem with namespaces, thanks to a kind
explanation by Michael Kay:

http://markmail.org/message/utae2qaibwkky7gr

And here is the idea I then came up with:

http://markmail.org/message/dbldtr52yawcrbtv

--
Michael Ludwig