Re: [xml-dev] How to read XML file offline

To recap, it seems you need a free tool with the rendering
capabilities of an XML editor that is also able to cache DTD files
locally.

The free XPath tool called SketchPath[1] (and other similar tools) may
meet your needs.

SketchPath lets you cache DTD files locally (with some DTDs such as XHTML
transitional already installed) and renders the XML as you would see
in an XML editor, with a synchronised element tree-view.

Some limitations in the standard version of SketchPath:

1. Because this tool is mainly concerned with the XPath Data Model,
DTD declarations aren't rendered in the XML view
2. Entity references such as   are resolved before rendering
3. There is a practical file size limit of about 400KB
4. Requires Windows XP and .NET 2.0 Framework (or later)

---------

[1] http://www.sketchpath.com

Regards

Phil Fearon