Re: [xml-dev] Need to import the XML schema namespace

But the schema for schemas *does* declare those base XSD types, e.g.,
this snippet:

  <xs:simpleType name="string" id="string">
    <xs:annotation>
      <xs:appinfo>

        <hfp:hasFacet name="length"/>
        <hfp:hasFacet name="minLength"/>
        <hfp:hasFacet name="maxLength"/>
        <hfp:hasFacet name="pattern"/>
        <hfp:hasFacet name="enumeration"/>
        <hfp:hasFacet name="whiteSpace"/>
        <hfp:hasProperty name="ordered" value="false"/>
        <hfp:hasProperty name="bounded" value="false"/>
        <hfp:hasProperty name="cardinality" value="countably infinite"/>

        <hfp:hasProperty name="numeric" value="false"/>
      </xs:appinfo>
      <xs:documentation
                source="http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#string"/>
    </xs:annotation>
    <xs:restriction base="xs:anySimpleType">
      <xs:whiteSpace value="preserve" id="string.preserve"/>
    </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>

Jeff