Re: [xml-dev] Need to import the XML schema namespace

So since a namespace subject to 4.2 must satisfy exactly one of
4.2.[1-4], the QName's namespace cannot both be the XML Schema namespace
and be specified in an <import>; therefore <import> of the XML Schema
namespace is not allowed.

Is this the intended resolution of the question?

Jeff