Re: [xml-dev] ISO Schematron beginners question: including multiplepatterns

On 14/06/2010 20:40, stf@snafu.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as far as I can see, with Schematron it is not possiple to include
> multiple sch:patterns from an external file - sch:include accepts only
> well formed xml, and there is no grouping element (like<define/>  in
> RelaxNG) to surround multiple sch:patterns.
>
> Did I miss something? Have you any suggestions for a workaround?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stefan

That's been a long standing featire request for schematron include.

The cuurent iso schematron distribution contains a iso_dsdl_include.xsl
stylesheet implementing schemtron includes includimg sone extended
behaviour intended for future versions of iso schematron, in particular

The proposed behaviour for the update to ISO Schematron has been
implemented. If an
include points to an element with the same name as the parent, then that
element's
contents will be included. This supports the merge style of inclusion.

David