Re: [xml-dev] [Summary] Big hierarchy of XML Schema documents ... whichXML Schema validators bring in the documents on demand?

Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com> wrote on 08/05/2010 08:49:21 PM:

<snip/>

> > 3) it uses the "invalid" definition in the schema?
>
> I think, the XML schema validator will give an error (either the
> validity error, "schema component error" or both) in this case at some
> point during the validation episode, and the entire validation episode
> will be aborted.

At least with Xerces-J aborting on an error in the schema (i.e. violation of the constraints on schema documents / schema components) is the user's choice. They may choose to continue processing and Xerces will try its best to recover from the errors it encounters. Your milage may vary if you use such a schema for validation, though that's something we focused on improving [1] in the recent 2.10.0 release.