From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 10:39 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Getting XSD annotation from matched element

On 13/08/2010 17:56, Xia Li wrote:
> You might take a look at this XSLT function library provided with this
> article,
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-schemanode/
>
> You will find a set of XSLT functions that would allow you to locate
the
> schema component (the element declaration/type definition) for a given
> instance node.
>
> Lisa

That's an amazingly ambitious library, thanks for the reference!

Unfortunately code that works directly from schema documents is usually
wrong, at least in the sense that it cannot process arbitrary valid
schemas. For example, the following restriction is documented, and rules

out many real schemas:

"The constraint of this algorithm is that a local element is not allowed

to be declared with the same name of a global element."

Michael Kay
Saxonica