Re: [xml-dev] Holographic XML

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM,  <mike@adatinc.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 9/7/2010 8:53:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> costello@mitre.org writes:
>
> XML is kind of a 2 dimensional representation of data. How can XML expand to
> 3 dimensions?
>
> XML is a multiple node type , multiple data occurrence database. This  makes
> it basically a three dimensional database. The nodes are located vertically
> & horizontally and the data is located by occurrence value. This would allow
> any single node and its data to be identified uniquely without navigation.

You've got Id, and other direct and indirect forms forms of reference;
there's no dimensional restrictions on the data XML can represent.
The only real question I can be seeing asked here is if there is some
better way to edit multiple  dimensional data sets.  Conceptually,
there are no inherent restrictions on the number of dimensions that
can be represented by any form of computer based data set (though some
implementations may have screwed up).

--
Peter Hunsberger