RE: [xml-dev] Holographic XML

This may be one of the ultimate long cycle permathreads.  I believe we
did this over a decade ago.  Before that, I used to make Newcomb and
Kipp nuts with discussions such as this, or 'epiphanies' as Neill
called them then.

Holography uses a medium to record an interference pattern from a
reference beam and a signal beam.  In data storage media, the
reference beam (a constant) reprojects the image.  For physical
optical data storage, the technology is straightforward enough.  To
analogize to XML, you will need analogous roles for these four
components of the idea.

Holography isn't a 3D picture.  As the Wikipedia resource puts it, it
is more analogous to a sound recording.  Working the 3Dness of it may
or may not be fruitful but YMMV.  As I recall the last time through
this topic we came to topic maps, link collections and as Kurt reminds
us, RDF.

Kallisti.

len