Re: [xml-dev] IE9beta and XML

From 8/25:

I even installed the 4th preview of IE9 today on my childrens computer
(they use Firefox) because of the xml:id support entry for Trident 5.0
(which is IE9) in [1]. But that preview does not even support the
xml-stylesheet PI, so no such tests were possible.

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

From:       Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
To:         "xml-dev@lists.xml.org" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Date:       09/17/2010 02:30 PM
Subject:    [xml-dev] IE9beta and XML

I did a few XML related tests with IE9 beta yesterday, and found it
behaves ... differently.

I'm posting this here to see whether other people see the same problems...

The good news: support for XHTML (with the proper media type) (I haven't
tested the edge cases though).

The bad news: lots of XML content I have at
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/> doesn't behave as it used to.

There seem to be several problems:

- the default stylesheet (creating the collapsible view) seems to be gone

does not apply the XSLT on first load, but on reload (reproducible)

- XML with DOCTYPE seem to be a problem (MSXML6's ProhibitDTD property?)

- XSLTs with xslt:script seem to be a problem (in IE8 they would execute
after a confirmation dialogue, in IE9 nothing seems to happen at all).

Are other people seeing these problems as well? (I tested on two
machines running Win7 Ultimate 32bit).

Best regards, Julian