Re: [xml-dev] My report on experiments with unused namespaces

On 22/09/2010 16:06, Pete Cordell wrote:
> By reserving names that start with "xml" I'm assuming the W3C is saying
> that you (anyone not acting on behalf of the W3C) can not define names
> that start with "xml".

but what does "define" mean there. i can make the document

<xmlfoo>
   <xmlbar/>
</xmlfoo>

i don't need to define anything, I just generate the document, it uses
"reserved" names, which doesn't mean that the document is not well
formed, it just means the w3c reserve the right to come along in 10
years tine and define a standard meaning for the element xmlfoo, so if I
care about that possibility I should call it something else

David