Re: [xml-dev] Venetian Blinds vs Garden of Eden patterns for industry standards XML Schemas

Original Message From: "G. Ken Holman"

>>My XPath knowledge is very weak, but does that allow for matching 'b' in
>>the 'tree' of:
>>
>>ns1:root/a/b  ?
>
> No, you only asked "b whose qualified parent is in namespace ns1"

Ah sorry.  Instead of 'parent' I should have used the word 'ancestor'.

More precisely what I should have said is that XPath can't express "b whose
nearest qualified ancestor is in namespace ns1".  Sort of
b[qualified-ancestor::ns1]!

I will only be too pleased if my statement turns out to be false.

Thanks,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info