Re: [xml-dev] Associating Style Sheets with XML documents 1.0(Second Edition)

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 12:28 +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/#PA-type> says:
> "Some unregistered (as of the publication of this specification) media
> types, such as text/xsl, are well-supported by existing implementations,
> whereas some registered media types, such as application/xslt+xml, are not."

> Maybe it's time to actually register text/xsl, stating what it is and
> where it is needed?

It should be application/xsl+xml, and registration is in process:

text/xsl, like text/xml, has problems to do with proxies that
convert between character sets, although I am not really
certain that such proxies really exist these days.