Re: [xml-dev] RE: XML Schema 1.1 Best Practice: Expressing BusinessRules

On 20/11/2010 19:42, Stephen Green wrote:
> Afterthought:
> Not really knowing XML Schema 1.1, but it would be nice if you could
> include variables
> in the schema for which parameters could feed in values.

I blogged on this at

but sadly I had to pull the feature from the Saxon 9.3 release because
testing showed that the implementation wasn't robust enough - it worked
OK from the command line with a single schema document, but not when
invoked from Java or in the presence of includes and imports. Perhaps it
will find its way back in next time.

Michael Kay