Re: {Loony speculation?} Re: [xml-dev] Does the W3C allow "reference implementations"?

True. But what about the 'ecumenical movement' to allow the respective
bodies to work together and their products to be aligned? "Surely" they
are meant to move towards greater unity aren't they. That would be helped
if some of the minimalist 'surely's can be agreed and that seems to be
happening with shared concepts of 'conformance clause', 'implementation',
'normative', keyword alignment ('MUST' = <bold>'shall'</bold>, etc) and now
I think focus could well be put on agreeing a concept of
'reference implementation' with a view to aligning the rules about what place
they MUST or MUST NOT have in a 'standard'. But then again, some might
believe the 'tower of Babel' was a literal event in history and might inevitably
reoccur from time to time lest we all get ahead of ourselves... so maybe we
have to be content with whatever measure of unity God allows us (to keep
the religious theme).

Best regards

Steve
---