Re: [xml-dev] James Clark: XML versus the Web

These are features to be considered for XML 2.0 because it's not
bearable that JSON might be richer than XML for such points.

I'm now considering similar XPath extensions to deal with JSON in
XForms. The points to address are about multiple roots, element names,
arrays and data types.

I'm now writing a paper for XML Prague 2011 about that. My XForms
implementation (XSLTForms) doesn't have to wait for XML 2.0 because it
has its own XPath parser written in XSLT 1.0 and XPath engine written in
Javascript.

Usually, I think it's simpler to map JSON objects just using elements
and let attributes for metadata.

Within XPath, element names shouldn't be quoted as string so ` character
could have to be used instead. For types, xsi:type sounds great.

XPath 2.0 sequences sound like JSON arrays, don't they?

Well, my paper is not yet finished... ;-)

Cheers

-Alain