Re: [xml-dev] RE: James Clark: XML versus the Web

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:17:27 -0600
Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have nothing useful to add, but I would like to state that this
> thread contains some of the most clear minded thinking about XML and
> the future that I have seen come out of this mailing list in a long
> time. Kudos to all who have contributed, I really, really hope that
> someone can move this forward!
> --
> Peter Hunsberger

I can't see that soemone being a single entity this time? Too big?
I think it has to be W3C. Tim Bray gave them a starting point some
while ago. Are they up to it? What impact will commercial pressures
have in taking this to a usable conclusion?

Leave the current XML stack (the entire shark?) to meet the
dochead needs and build something for the browser (and mobile) devs.

I think this is Tims starter.
Sam Ruby collected some ideas

I'm sure there are more, though few of the scope that James introduced
which makes the most sense to me.

Dave Pawson