Re: [xml-dev] RE: James Clark: XML versus the Web

On 01/12/2010 16:45, Rob Koberg wrote:
> Another big problem I forgot to mention is handling browser events.
> XML or XML apps (XSL) in the browser cannot catch browser events.

Yes, there's always been an uncomfortable asymmetry here - XSLT to
handle the output, XForms to handle the input. Which doesn't really work
well in an Ajax kind of world. I'd love to do something more integrated.
In principle XSLT is an event-based language so it ought to be possible
to find a way to make it handle user-input events (or data arriving from
the server) by firing appropriate template rules. But I've no idea how
this would look in detail.

Michael Kay