Re: [xml-dev] RE: James Clark: XML versus the Web

> It's only when I have to
> explain them to a developer who just doesn't care, and just wants to
> get the job done, that I become aware of how bizarre the rules are.

It's interesting: the rules of any flexible language have parts that are
obscure or difficult to fully master -- Perl, irregular verbs, the
preterite tense, the vastness of PL/I, and so on -- yet XMLNS gets more
than it's share of complaints and vehemence.

I'm not disagreeing, I just find it interesting.

        /r$

--
STSM, WebSphere Appliance Architect
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/soma/