Re: [xml-dev] Towards XML 2.0

Le 04/12/2010 15:33, Elliotte Rusty Harold a écrit :

> I can't see that allowing -- in comments is important enough to break
> the tool chain. If it were really that important, I'd suggest dropping
> comments completely and replacing them with<?comment text ?>  but it's
> probably simpler to just leave them in as is, imperfect though they
> are.

Comments and processing instructions sound like metadata to me and I
don't think that it's a good idea to have special syntaxes or functions
to manipulate them.

When we say that there can only be one root for an XML 1.0 document, we
forget to say that it just means one element at root level but there can
be many nodes with a different type. XML 2.0 should allow multiple
elements at root level.

Metadata should, instead, be serialized with elements in a dedicated
namespace! Maybe within the xml namespace itself for the most frequent
ones...

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
Bordeaux, France