Re: [xml-dev] Cross-domain loading of XML

Here is where it started:

http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/12/05/remote-json-jsonp/

Think about it like you are loading a javascript file using the script element.

You can also handle errors like 404s using, for example, jQuery.ajax:

http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.ajax/

This is obviously more dangerous than loading an XML Document (other
than maybe the size of the XML), so the restriction makes no sense.

Further, when they say cross domain, it is more than that. Given this base URL:

http://www.example.org/

This is a valid request: http://www.example.org/resource.xml

These are not:
https://www.example.org/resource.xml