From: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo@ibiblio.org>
To: "Dave Pawson" <davep@dpawson.co.uk>
Cc: "Pete Cordell" <petexmldev@codalogic.com>; <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Pete's blend for XMLlite

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:19:58 -0000
> "Pete Cordell" <petexmldev@codalogic.com> wrote:
>

>> It's at:
>>
>> http://codalogic.com/xmllite/xmllite.html
>

> Can we get this naming issue out of the way, to reduce confusion?
> For my 2 cents worth XML 2.0 is a non-starter, due respect to W3C.
>
> Simple XML,
> XMLLite
> What else?
>
> Has anyone access to a 'survey' type of site so we can vote on one of
> the ones suggested?

I'm virtually certain we're not talking about the same thing. :-)

I can live without a name for the time being. My own views are
evolving, based on this discussion, and I'm not sure where I'm going,
much less where everyone else is. But I do think I'm starting to see a
way forward. Whether it's worth going there, I'm not sure yet. I
intend to continue listening and then issue a revised proposal if it
seems to make sense.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org