Re: [xml-dev] Pete's blend for XMLlite

On 08/12/2010 12:59, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:19:58 -0000
> "Pete Cordell"<petexmldev@codalogic.com>  wrote:
>

>> It's at:
>>
>> http://codalogic.com/xmllite/xmllite.html
>

> Can we get this naming issue out of the way, to reduce confusion?
> For my 2 cents worth XML 2.0 is a non-starter, due respect to W3C.
>
> Simple XML,
> XMLLite
>   What else?

I don't think you can pick a name until you have decided what it is you
are naming.

Several of the proposals in the xmllite proposal quoted above are just
suggesting a profile of xml (don't use dtd's, dont use CDATA, ...) and
for that "Simple XML" or "XMLLight" is probably as good as anything.
However several other parts of the proposal involve making previously
non well formed constructs well formed (</>) or changing the
interpretation of existing constructs (&nbsp; foo=" a  b  c") I think
that for any new language that has such changes using a name that
involves the letter sequence XML might be problematic.

David