Re: [xml-dev] Do you need DTD Entities if you have XSLT? (Was: nextml)

My XSLT isn't great, so I'm wondering, can you use XSLT to do the equivalent
of DTD entity substitution?

That way power users could get the benefit of entities, without burdening us
simple types with the DTD complexity.

For example, instead of doing:

    <!ENTITY author "Pete Cordell">
    <name>&author;</name>

You could do something like:

    <name>^author;</name>

and allow XSLT to do it.

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info