Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML5

On 16/12/2010 21:24, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> I still don't know why it shouldn't be possible to insert AnyXML
> fragments into HTML5 page and assign it styling/behaviour using
> CSS/XSLT/JavaScript/XBL2. This would be open platform in my mind. Why I
> couldn't insert MusicXML fragment into middle of page, let attached
> Javascript file render it on canvas (or to SVG) and still have
> possibility to copy'n'paste this MusicXML into my music software in
> order to play it or modify melody? You can find such examples in many
> domains.

You can do that, although it is unnecessarily convoluted, eg
<math style="display:none">
<musicxml>
</musicxml>
</math>
then at least it parses (so long as there are no html element names in
your music xml vocabulary) Of course you then need to use javascript to
extract it and render it somehow. It's invalid like that but
if that is a concern you could just increase the wrapping and use
annotation-xml.  I don't really want to see math (or equivalently svg)
abused in this way, but that is the inevitable consequence of html5
allowing just those two elements to have a slightly more reasonable
parsing behaviour.

David