From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:20 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Graphical DTD/XSD Viewer

On 08/02/2011 14:22, Rudder, Doug Jr wrote:

Hi, all -

A request just came in from our publishing systems manager asking if there is a good tool to represent DTDS or XSDs as a graphical image. One of our new associates wants something more understandable than a DTD/XSD (they are new to the XML world, but want to leverage our data in their product).

I don't currently use such a tool myself, so I thought I'd post the question to the list to find out what tools may be available for this purpose.

Thanks for your help,

Douglas Rudder

XML Data Architect

Wolters Kluwer Health, Clinical Solutions

77 West Port Plaza, Suite 450

St. Louis, MO 63146

Phone: 314-216-2227

email: Doug.Rudder@wolterskluwer.com

All the popular XML IDEs (Altova, Stylus Studio, oXygen) offer graphical representations of schemas. Personally, I find them totally incomprehensible - I've always hated pictures that need a thousand words to explain them - but some people seem to like them.

Michael Kay