Re: [xml-dev] XML Namespaces 1.1

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 00:03 -0400, Rick Yorgason wrote:
> On 25/05/2011 8:26 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > Note that if you start using names like com.foo, you lose the use case
> > of copying HTML fragments from (say) RSS/Atom into HTML, where typically
> > you want the same local-name to be copied, but the namespaces are
> > actually (strictly speaking) different.
>
> You mean something like this?:
>
> <summary type="xhtml">
>     <w3.xhtml:div>
>        This is <b>XHTML</b> content.
> </summary>
>
> So you're talking about copying the <w3.xhtml:div> element and pasting
> it into a different XHTML file, and finding that the prefix is now
> redundant, right?

Or rather, that you now need it to be some _other_ prefix, for use with
vocabularies that use HTML-inspired element names but not in an HTML
namespace.  Which seems fairly common, and perfectly legitimate to me.

It's a very minor point though I think.

Atom (as you noted in your post) used a different design and isn't so
likely to have the issue.

Liam