Re: [xml-dev] HTML5 and almost no namespaces

Mukul Gandhi scripsit:

> Consider the following example:
>
> The element "name" here represents an organization name.
>
> <name xmlns="http://organization-ns";>ABC corp</name>
>
> The element "name" here represents a person name.
>
> <name xmlns="http://person-ns";>Jill Doe</name>

It so happens that a month ago I wrote a schema for $EMPLOYER that
deals with names personal and organizational, and the nameprofile:name
element is used for both.  However, these elements are in different
containers, personNameProfile and organizationNameProfile.  (A person
or organization may have multiple name profiles with different times
and conditions of applicability.)  Structurally, the difference is that
persons may also have broken-out names (givenName, familyName, prefix,
suffix, etc.) and a namePattern element which specifies how they are to
be ordered, whereas organizations don't allow these complications.

--
Do what you will,                       John Cowan
   this Life's a Fiction                cowan@ccil.org