Re: [xml-dev] Compelling use case for XML Catalogs?

The examples that have been given provide compelling reasons to map URLs
in XML files to local resources.  They don't really explain why XML
Catalogs is a good way to do that, nor do they contrast it with any
other approach to the same problem.   I'd be interested in that, too,
having dealt with this problem (validating XHTML, resolving DTD
locations to local resources, ignoring DTDs, etc) in a variety of ways,
but never using XML catalogs.

-Mike