Re: [xml-dev] [ANNOUNCE] New MicroXML draft available

Peter Flynn scripsit:

> Would adding the colon to nameChar to enable that reservation be too
> much of a temptation to people to start using element type names
> containing namespace-like prefixes, even though they would just be
> opaque strings as far as MicroXML is concerned?

At the moment, element names like foo:bar are not allowed in MicroXML,
which is what I was trying to express.  The only way to give an element
a namespace is using the xmlns attribute.  Attributes are allowed to
have prefixes and are bound with xmlns:foo attributes, as in XML.

In any case, the work proposed for xml:* elements is now being done by
xml-* PIs, and MicroXML accommodates them just fine.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
O beautiful for patriot's dream that sees beyond the years