Re: [xml-dev] Error and Fatal Error

Absolutely.

I hunted around the .Net framework hoping to find such
a parser which allowed me to repair the XML but I couldn't
find one. I suspect the makers want all their XML parsers
to be able to claim conformance and that this forces the
parser to be written such that it fails with invalid content,
etc. Maybe a repair kit parser would have to bear a risk
of being labelled 'non-conforming' and so there isn't one.

Thus the spec writers maybe have to carry some
responsibility for the lack of such tools and maybe are
best placed to fix it in the future.
----
Stephen D Green