Re: [xml-dev] Error and Fatal Error

I'm not sure why you would expect any XML parser to be able to
differentiate between business validation errors and errors of any
other kind ? If you are talking about the types of errors that might
show up as part of schema validation and you are content with using
that as the blunt tool that it is, well fine, but otherwise you might
want to consider implementing business rules in a more flexible way,
including catching non-fatal errors in the handler methods designed
for that purpose (at which point you can decide whether to continue or
not)

As for text that is masquarading as XML but is not, I would suggest
(as many others have here) preprocessing before it reaches your XML
processing layer.

Fraser.