Re: [xml-dev] A proposal for simplify XML text editing and subsequent processing

Virtual line-breaks are attractive and they're something I pondered,
but they're not part of my proposal because I couldn't try them out,
but that doesn't mean others can't provide the feature of course.

With virtual line-breaks I hit issues because I was relying on RTF
(specifically \li)  to do horizontal character positioning, this needs
a \par \pard paragraph which is converted to a \n character when read
as text and is therefore indistinguishable from real line-breaks. The
\line command would have given me virtual line-breaks, but then no
indentation.

Yes, it would be excellent to see nxml-mode support for this proposal.

Editing 20MB xml files sounds quite formidable, I can see why
whitespace modifications might be an issue.

Phil