Re: [xml-dev] RE: Build Rich Complexity from a Small Set ofWell-Defined Markup Combinators

Radu Cernuta scripsit:

> In RELAX NG referencing is achieved with rng:ref within one
> rng:grammar pattern, rng:parentRef to the parent rng:grammar pattern
> within the same schema document entity, and rng:externalRef over
> different schema document entities. In all those situations the
> reference is replaced by the referenced.

I agree that I should not have included references in my list.  However,
references to element patterns cannot in fact be replaced by their
referents, because they are allowed to be used recursively.

> For allowing redefinitions, additional grammar assembling mechanisms
> are available, namely the merging of grammars using rng:include
> element and the combining of definitions of the same name using the
> combine attribute.

I was attempting to compare apples with apples, and so excluded such
larger constructions.

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan@ccil.org
Arise, you prisoners of Windows / Arise, you slaves of Redmond, Wash,