Re: [xml-dev] Benefits of polyglot XHTML5

I'm not sure I have understood CDATA sections in polyglot XHTML.

In HTML5, "text/html",
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#cdata-sections, CDATA
sections can only be used inside foreign content (SVG or MathML). Does
that include internal JavaScripts?

In polyglot XHTML we cannot use escaped "<" and "&" in internal
JavaScript because of a DOM issue (as I have understood it).

When you suggest to use CDATA inside JavaScript in polyglot markup,
having the form:

a < b

it means that we _can_ use not safe content inside a JavaScript if it
is inside a CDATA section in polyglot markup...

What about HTML5 then, saying CDATA sections can only be used in SVG or MathML?

Jesper Tverskov