Re: [xml-dev] Re: A proposal for simplify XML text editing and subsequent processing

Hi Phil,

While virtual formatting is not relevant to me, I think getting 250
downloads suggests (a) people understand and relate to the problem you are
trying to solve and (b) they consider it a real problem rather than a minor
irritation.

One reason why you might not have got much feedback is that you said what it
did and it "just worked" - nothing to say!

Being devil's advocate, I'm guessing that people might think this is one
small part of what an XML IDE does and think "that's useful.  I'll wait
until it turns up in Oxygen or Stylus."

I do know that it takes people a long time to change their habits.  Even if
there is a better tool out there, people soldier on with the tool they know,
because, at least in the short term, they are more productive with that.
Joel Spolsky wrote an article saying good software takes 10 years to write
(http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000017.html).  While the
software may not take 10 years to write, it probably takes 10 years to build
up the brand to the point where people just use your product without
concern.

HTH, and good luck with it.

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info