Re: [xml-dev] Percentage of XML documents exclusively processed bymachines?

Given that in any medium to large organization there is likely
inefficient counting, it's difficult to answer.   In ours, it is a
question of how many humans see information prior to creating the XML
we deliver and here the answer is very few (two) and of those, only
one can actually process all of them by virtue of actually
understanding XML technologies.  Thus the tagger/architect
distinction.  This is technical publishing.

I spent the last month building a conversion system simple enough to
enable others to process the XML out of the source documents so we
could enable others to do this work and reduce the reentry of the
source data and turn tagging into assembly and clean up.

len