Re: [xml-dev] Should one adopt the tag naming convention of anexisting XML vocabulary or create one's own tag naming convention?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:

Seems to me this all depends...

> The convenience of a programmer should not be placed over the readability of the data.
> Business users take precedence over programmer convenience.

I would agree with this if say writing docbook or dita where someone pseudo technical is getting into the xml but outside of the document authoring realm I would think you would want to "balance convenience with readability"

What is an example of a business user then? Docbook author? I would think a large percentage of the business users of xml people I assume who gain some benefit of a xml process occurring on a server somewhere that makes them money can't read xml and don't care to and would rather read the resulting website or document content. No?

-- XML is so versatile so would the markup be. --

--
Alex Muir
Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work Experience Building

http://sites.utg.edu.gm/alex/

Come visit Gambia enjoy the sun and culture and help out! Software Engineering Lecturers needed!
Join UTSWEB do local contract work or give a student a contract remotely for slow, cheap and good work http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/

Some fantastic African/Canadian Fusion  http://bafila.bandcamp.com/