Re: [xml-dev] Should one adopt the tag naming convention of anexisting XML vocabulary or create one's own tag naming convention?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:

Seems to me this all depends...

> The convenience of a programmer should not be placed over the readability of the data.
> Business users take precedence over programmer convenience.

I would agree with this if say writing docbook or dita where someone pseudo technical is getting into the xml but outside of the document authoring realm I would think you would want to "balance convenience with readability"

What is an example of a business user then? Docbook author? I would think a large percentage of the business users of xml people I assume who gain some benefit of a xml process occurring on a server somewhere that makes them money can't read xml and don't care to and would rather read the resulting website or document content. No?

-- XML is so versatile so would the markup be. --

Alex Muir
Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work Experience Building
University of the Gambia

Come visit Gambia enjoy the sun and culture and help out! Software Engineering Lecturers needed!
Join UTSWEB do local contract work or give a student a contract remotely for slow, cheap and good work http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/

Some fantastic African/Canadian Fusion  http://bafila.bandcamp.com/