From: Mike Sokolov [mailto:sokolov@ifactory.com]
Sent: 2012 February 4, Saturday 16:46
To: Alex Muir
Cc: Uche Ogbuji; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Should one adopt the tag naming convention of an existing XML vocabulary or create one's own tag naming convention?

My main beef w/camel case is what to do w/abbreviations (like LOL).  Should it be CamelCaseLol; not really - oughta be CamelCaseLOL I think.  You see this often with XML, which often gets rendered as Xml.  But if you try to make it look "right" to a human eye, by upper-casing, then software (like wikis) that interpret camel case tend to get it wrong.

Also, for programmer ease, it is sometimes good to have your software recognize the boundary within the symbol.  I find I often want to Alt-F to skip to the middle of the symbol, rather than right over it.